Motion Health Centre is an integrative wellness centre. Our many natural solutions include massage therapy offered by our experienced therapists. One of the most common types of massages is called remedial massage. What makes this form of massage different? Could you benefit from it? Find out more below!
The focus of remedial massage is on promoting your healing. The massage will stimulate the flow of blood to the area of pain or damage. The seven most impactful benefits of remedial massage are
- Releasing your pain and muscle tension. Your massage therapist will stretch and elongate your muscles, release trigger points and break up adhesions. The goal is to increase the blood flow in the area to alleviate pain, eliminate toxins and oxygenate the cells in the area.
- Reducing your stress. With a greater feeling of relaxation and calm, you can cut down on your physical and emotional stress. Massage also increases the release of the feel-good hormones called endorphins. At the same time, it diminishes the stress hormones like adrenaline, norepinephrine and cortisol.
- Increasing your joint mobility. A tight muscle restricts the joint around it. When addressed, the muscle and joint can both move better.
- Improving your posture. If like most, you spend a significant amount of time at a desk or computer, your posture has probably taken a toll. If you have tension in your shoulders, neck, lower back or get frequent headaches, remedial massage can restore your body's balance.
- Enhancing your immunity. Don't let sickness keep you down. A massage increases lymphatic drainage and blood circulation, which means your immune system can work at a higher level.
- Boosting your mental state. There's nothing quite like a massage to help the stresses of your day melt away. In doing so, you can relax and enjoy greater mental clarity.
- Addresses health conditions. Did you know that remedial massage can have a positive impact on insomnia, depression, anxiety, arthritis, chronic pain, constipation, headaches and high blood pressure?
Schedule Your New Patient Session
For just $99, you'll receive an initial assessment, posture and range of motion testing and 55-minute remedial massage. This offer is for new patients only. Please use the code "Online Offer" if you book over the phone or enter it in the comments section of our online booking. More information about pricing options can be found here.